taking health and nutrition to the next level!
Prepared Rehmannia Root
Prepared Rehmannia Root
- Chinese Name Shu Di Huang 熟地黄
- Latin Name Radix Rehmanniae Preparata
- Other Names Rehmannia Libosch, Cooked (Baked / Processed) Rehmannia Root, Prepared Chinese Foxglove Root
- Used Part Root
- Specification Full Spectrum Extract Powder
- Category: Chinese Herbs Tags: Heart, Kidney, Liver
Kidney’s Own Food
Rehmannia Glutinosa is very popular in Chinese medicine, where it is considered to be a longevity tonic. The species name “glutinosa” comes from “glutinous”, referring to the sticky nature of the root.
Our Rehmannia Root is processed traditionally, by boiling the root in a mixture of yellow wine and black bean infusion until the liquids have been boiled away and the roots are black. The roots are then dried in the sun.
Health Benefits of Rehmannia
Rehmannia is said to be the “Kidney’s Own Food.” It is thus believed to be a Kidney tonic and longevity herb and is found in many common “anti aging” formulations for longevity, and rejuvenation.
Rehmannia is one of the most important Chinese herbs for supporting the kidneys and adrenal and is even thought to support the pituitary gland. Rehmannia also appears to combat adrenal suppression caused by steroid hormones and has a similar tonic effect on the adrenal cortex as licorice.
Thought to be powerfully immuno-supportive, Rehmannia is also used to help promote a healthy inflammation response, along with herbs such as bupleurum. It is also known to support libido, joint health, respiratory health, and healthful aging.
Chemical Constituents of Rehmannia
Alanine, Arginine, Aspartic-acid, Aucubin, Beta-sitosterol, Calcium, Catalpol, Copper, D-fructose, D-galactose, D-glucose, Gaba, Glucosamine, Glutamic- acid, Glycine, Histidine, Iron, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Magnesium, Manganese, Manninotriose, Mannitol, Melittoside, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Phosphoric-acid, Potassium, Proline, Raffinose, Rehmaglutins, Rehmanniosides, Serine, Stachyose, Sucrose, Threonine, Tyrosine, Valine, Verbascose, Zinc, Vitamins A, B, C, D, amino acids, cerebroside, dammelittoside
Taste & Property
Sweet, Slightly Warm
Heart, Kidney, Liver
Nourishes the Blood
– Blood Deficiency with facial pallor, dizziness, palpitations, insomnia, irregular menstruation, uterine bleeding and postpartum bleeding
Nourishes Liver and Kidney Yin
– Kidney and Liver Yin Deficiency with a weak low back and limbs, dizziness, tinnitus, tidal fevers, night sweats and nocturnal emissions
Strongly enriches Yin and relieves wasting and thirsting disorder
– Lower Jiao wasting (it can be used as a stand-alone herb for this)
Nourishes Jing and Blood and fills the Marrow
– Exhausted Jing and Blood problems such as delayed development during childhood, blunted affect, premature aging, diminished mental acuity, graying of hair, impotence and memory loss
Arrests and wheezing
– Kidney Deficient cough, and asthma, such as inability of the Kidneys to grasp Qi
The information on this website is not intended to replace the advice of your health practitioner. If you believe you are experiencing a medical or health problem please seek the assistance of a qualified health professional.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.